Friday 5 September 2014

New Ideas from Books


The local library is a great place to go for ideas and inspiration. This week I found two books which interested me, and I couldn't wait to get them home and start reading and looking at the images.

The first is Crafty Birds edited by Kristy Conlin. I was immediately enticed by the cover of this mixed media book. It has articles about jewellery, collage and mixed media, written by various contributors. I liked the interesting mixture of subjects, and found some good ideas, beautifully illustrated with clear photos. As a bonus, I was the first person to take the book out of the library!


 The second is Inspired to Quilt-Creative Experiments in Art Quilt Imagery by Melanie Testa.This book is about the process of art quilting. Melanie Testa gives lots of ideas, exercises to follow and advice about creating art quilts with a variety of methods. I really like it, and have had it out of the library a couple of times before!



No comments:

Post a Comment