Wednesday 4 June 2014

Tag Tuesday-Roses

The theme for this week's Tag Tuesday is Roses.
For my Roses tag I decided to assemble some materials containing roses, and bring them together in one collage. I used some rose printed chintz for the background, with a clothes tag, black and white stamped roses. a black silk rose, a permaclay rose (made by a friend), some dried wild roses, a rose patterned button, and an embroidered border. I added another tag with an appropriate quotation on. I took a photo of it on a back cloth of cotton rosebuds.


A close up


The quotation :

It is the month of June,
The month of leaves and roses,
When pleasant sights salute the eyes
And pleasant scents the noses.
Nathaniel Parker Willis
(1806-1867)


American author, poet, critic and editor

No comments:

Post a Comment