Saturday 14 June 2014

Tag Tuesday-The 1950's

The theme for Tag Tuesday this week is The 1950's
A quick collaged tag for me this week, as I have been busy tidying the storage cupboards in my loft studio. If you do textiles and mixed media, plus craft, you will know exactly the sort of things I keep in there! It is always good to have a sort out, and I found a lot of forgotten treasures in my stash!
I have used a happy 1950's housewife for my theme. The kitchen came from a feature in the April 1957 issue of House Beautiful, which said :-
 Colorful Kitchen
This colorful kitchen is worth your minute study. 
There are no wasted steps in serving meals or in cleaning up. 
A drop-leaf cart carries food from range and refrigerator to table in one trip. 
The folding doors of the dish cabinet open at touch to place contents within easy reach.


I have added a housewife, who is happily baking, and an advert for an iron, in the days when receiving one for a Christmas gift could make you dance around the kitchen for joy! There is a gingham border, because I feel sure that her wardrobe would include gingham somewhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment