Tuesday 29 April 2014

Tag Tuesday-Cooking

On Tag Tuesday this week, our theme is COOKING.
COOKING is a good theme for a tag for me, as I like cooking, reading cookery books, and using  cookery photos to draw from!
I decided on the theme for my tag quite quickly, as I remembered some scraps of fabric with fruit on, and thought they would be fun to use!  I stitched a "pavlova" from silk,  and decorated it with the fruit fabrics. I set it on a plate, made of card, decorated with ribbon, and a white background stamped with flowers for a tablecloth. It was photographed on my cookery bible, an old edition of Larousse.


"Pavlova" close up


I couldn't resist making another tag to illustrate COOKING, as I love this image from The Graphics Fairy (one of my favourite source sites) from a 1940s Printer's Book.
I coloured in the girl, using gel pens, and made a border from ribbon, lace and tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment