Wednesday 12 February 2014

Tag Tuesday-Hearts



Today the theme on Tag Tuesday is Hearts.
For my Hearts theme, I have made a  heart in the style of a Victorian valentine. I like the romantic cards they produced.They used layers of fabric scraps, paper lace, fringing, feathers, tinsel, glitter and other ephemera  for their cards, and included images of flowers, figures and animals, and some pieces of text.
For my tag, I have layered coloured papers and lace (I couldn't find any paper lace, so the one on the left is cotton lace, the one on the right is plastic). I added butterflies, paper flowers (hand coloured) and some pressed  wild roses. The text says  "Give me Thine Heart", and it is finished off with a pink ribbon, and photographed on a heart plate. I was rather shocked at how pink and sugary sweet the finished heart was, but putting it on the plate has softened it. I don't normally make such pink things!

No comments:

Post a Comment