Tuesday 3 December 2013

Tag Tuesday-Angels

The theme for Tag Tuesday this week is Angels.
 For my tag this week I have taken inspiration from the early Italian Renaissance painters of the 13th and 14th centuries. I have spent a lot of time looking at the way they painted angels in their religious scenes. I chose to use this image by Fra Angelico (Guido di Pietro)  who lived from c.1395-1455, and was described by the great Italian writer Vasari in his the Lives of Artists as having "a rare and perfect talent"
I used an old Christmas card with the image of Fra Angelico's painting Annunciating Angel 
and photocopied it onto fabric.The angel was then embellished with gold pens and embossing powder and collaged onto a halo ( from another old Christmas card) . The angel's wings were made from Angelina fibre. The whole angel was mounted onto a gelli printed background which was stamped with stars and embossed .


No comments:

Post a Comment