Monday 29 July 2013

Dorchester on Thames

A couple of months ago, you may recall that I went to the Oxfordshire Arts Trail and visited the village of Dorchester on Thames. You can read about it in my blog post here The village was so pretty that I wanted to go back and walk round it and take some photos.  This is exactly what I did at the weekend, and found it to be as picturesque as I had remembered. When we entered the Abbey grounds, the bells were ringing out a quarter peal, to celebrate the birth of Prince George, who was born this week.

The abbey is a lovely building. I was particularly taken by the stained glass windows, but I also loved the stone carved knights.





                                                         
This thatched cottage is in the abbey grounds, and is for sale!


Another beautiful thatched cottage. It may not surprise you to know that Midsomer Murders has been filmed here.




No comments:

Post a Comment