Friday 19 July 2013

Books I am reading at the moment

We are in the middle of a heat wave in the UK, and have had a few weeks of glorious sunshine. It is just the weather for reading in the shade in the garden with a nice cold drink, and dreaming of future projects.

I am reading two very different books at the moment. The first is Collage Unleashed by Tracie Bautista. I really like this book, it is full of mixed media ideas for collage. Tracie Bautista creates pieces using everyday objects around in the house, such as paper towels,and childrens' crayons as well as more traditional art materials. Her introduction speaks for itself " I am inspired by everything and everyone that enters my path. I find art in everything and everything finds its way into my art" . It is another must have mixed media techniques book for your bookshelves!

  


My second book is a creative patchwork book, Flower Power Patchwork by Anne-Pia Godske Rasmussen.  I find myself naturally drawn to Scandinavian style, and the Danish            creations in this book are stunning, with beautiful, vibrant photographs.


No comments:

Post a Comment