Tuesday 2 April 2013

Tag Tuesday-Letter M

Tag Tuesday this week is on the Letter M of our alphabet theme.

For my tag this week I have chosen M is for Millinery.



 I used a millinery calling card from The Graphics Fairy
for the base of my tag. I made a hat from a piece of old hat. ( I knew it would come in handy! When I was doing City and Guilds at Windsor we used to be given old costumes from a school acting cupboard to use in our textiles work, and I saved the pieces of hat for future use!) I trimmed it with lace flowers and ribbons. The idea of millinery was inspired by my favourite book of Victorian fashions, which has some marvellous illustrations, and I have used this as a background for the photograph.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Jane,
    What a lovely tag - I really like the images you chose - I'm a bit behind with my tags I'm afraid and don't know if I'll ever get round to playing catch-up!
    Thanks so much for visiting my blog - I do hope you give gelli printing a go - it's really great fun and produces fantastic and unexpected results. I have just purchased a second gelli plate, a smaller 6x6inch one from www.thestampattic.co.uk, but while I was searching around I noticed that the larger size was out of stock almost everywhere - I would be surprised if there weren't some on ebay shipping from the USA though.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Diana, and for the info. I have ordered a 6x6 gelli plate, can't wait to have a go as it seems everyone is talking about them!

    ReplyDelete