Wednesday 17 October 2012

Tag Tuesday-Rust






The theme for Tag Tuesday this week is Rust.

I was a bit stuck for ideas for my Rust tag at first, then I remembered  a technique I had learned whilst doing my City and Guilds in Embroidery and Stitched Textiles, using a heat gun. I thought this would be just the thing to reproduce the idea of rust peeling away. 

I took a piece of  synthetic organza which I had previously stitched, together with some Lutrador, and heated them with the heat gun, which caused them to shrivel at different rates.

I used pelmet vilene for the background and painted it with Burnt Umber acrylic. Then I added some hand stitch with rust coloured ribbon. I would have put more stitch in, but it was really difficult to do, so I decided less would be more!



1 comment:

  1. What a fab technique - I love the effect you've achieved on your tag - it really is rusty! Gorgeous colours too!

    ReplyDelete