Saturday 1 September 2012

September

September is here already. I have had a lovely relaxing August. For the first couple of weeks the Olympics were on, and I watched a lot of it on tv. I was also lucky enough to have tickets to go to the rowing at Eton Dorney, where we saw Katherine Grainger and Anna Watkins winning gold for Team GB, which was so exciting. The atmosphere there was amazing, the crowd so loud, and mostly supporting GB. 
We went a second time to Eton Dorney to watch the canoeing. This time the crowd were predominantly Hungarian, and we found ourselves in the midst of a sea of red, white and green, caught up in their excitement as their country claimed victory.
After the Olympics we went to Spain for a couple of weeks, in search of sunshine, which we found! We had a lovely holiday in the mountains near Granada, just me, Richard and our youngest,  Guy, who is fourteen. It was quite different from the family holidays we used to have with all four children. We spent most of the time gazing at the mountains and lounging by the pool with the occasional dip in it to cool down!
I will post photos of Spain soon.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful relaxing August. Hope your September is wonderful Jane

    Best wishes
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Carolyn. I will be back on Tag Tuesday again this week. I am going to look at all the tags I have missed, should be fun!!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete