Thursday 28 June 2012

Tag Tuesday-Tales of the Riverbank



 The theme for this week's Tag Tuesday is "Tales of the Riverbank"
I don't know why, but I seem to find it difficult to find inspiration for river themes. I think it must be because we live 5 minutes walk from the River Thames, and it is very familiar to me, it is hard to pick one subject to work on.
As you saw in my previous post, my art teacher took our class out to sketch down by the river last week. I thought I would stick to what I know, so did a quick sketch from memory of the scene I was painting that day. I used black fine liner pen on Indian paper for texture, then coloured in with watercolour crayon, which I didn't add water to, although I thought about it, and decided it would be too watery and that I preferred the stronger colours of the crayons.


No comments:

Post a Comment