Tuesday 29 May 2012

Tag Tuesday-Bunting


The theme for this week's Tag Tuesday is Bunting, a topical theme for the Queen's Diamond Jubilee.
 I went into Reading the other day, and there is bunting everywhere! A lot of it handmade by a local group. It looks very festive and jolly!    

It is amazing that the Queen has been on the throne for 60 years. She has worked very hard, and is still going strong, even at the age of 86.She has been a great ambassador for her country. I hope you all enjoy the festivities .

For my tag, I just couldn't think of a bunting topic connected with the Jubilee . I didn't have time to make some-too many other projects on the go, and I didn't want to get too sidetracked !

 Then, by some strange coincidence I received this photo from my uncle . I thought it would be an interesting take on the bunting theme. It shows my Auntie Margaret, in the foreground  at St Bartholemew's Hospital in London  putting up bunting in preparation for  " Bartholomew Fair" which took place in July 1939.  


                  The colours for "Barts" were black and white, but I have coloured in the pennants with Inktense pencils, then used a fine brush and water over them. I also coloured in Auntie Margaret's hair and uniform ( although the uniform would have  really been grey, but I wanted it to stand out.) I placed it on this wonderful telephone box fabric, which is too nice to cut up and use for anything! I did try other methods, such as painting it digitally, but it didn't work out for me. I tried collaging paper and fabric, but it was on such a small scale, it was really fiddly. I decided against extra bunting/ribbon on the sides and let the photo speak for itself.





No comments:

Post a Comment