Tuesday 23 November 2010

City and Guilds Certificate

I am pleased to report that I have passed my City and Guilds Certificate in Embroidery and Stitched Textiles, Level 3! I also received the certificate in the post. Now I have a piece of paper to show for all the hard work of the past two years.
I am going to put away all my C & G work, and I hope I can organise it, so I can find things when I need them. However the arrival of two knitting machines plus all their accompanying paraphenalia has filled up the room, so makes it more difficult to navigate and also to find things! The knitting machines were a gift from a neighbour, who is moving to a smaller house and knows I like textiles. I have never used one before, so look forward to playing with them. Watch this space for news .
Relieved and pleased to have finished the Certificate, I have signed up for Shelagh Folgate's on-line course , called THE SMASHEES. Shelagh is a C&G tutor, and the course is going to be fun projects using the techniques studied in C &G, and I am looking forward to it.
I am continuing with my art classes at the local adult education centre, one class in painting and drawing, the other in art journaling and mixed media.


-

No comments:

Post a Comment